The Odenwald Association kicked off the new session with a “Kürbisfest”, a Pumpkin celebration as is enjoyed in the Odenwaldkreis. Members were invited to bring along their carved pumpkins to be entered into a competition.
Members also contributed Pumpkin themed refreshments including Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Risotto and other savouries flavoured with the luscious pulp.
While members mingled and tasted, they were able to enjoy a slideshow which Walter compiled from members’ photographs showing most of the events over the summer and, what an eventful time it’s been including:
- participating in a canal cruise;
- Tryst parade in Falkirk;
- a team in The Top of the Town Quiz;
- a group tour of The Kelpies;
- a bottle stall at Airth Highland Games;
- private visits to friends in the Odenwald, representatives at the Schottische Nacht in Erbach Schloss Hof and a group visit to the Odenwald in September.
A busy and enjoyable schedule.
Provost Cllr Tom Coleman attended the meeting and chose the winners of the competition who received a small prize. It was a great night. Viele Späße!
Keep visiting this website for dates of future meetings events.
Below are some images taken in 2014 of the pumpkin celebrations in the Odenwald area. Did you know the pumpkins aren’t a vegetable – but are the largest fruit in the worl?